10.10.2005

On a sidenote


For the first time since I first started writing seriously on this blog, three weeks ago now, I don't really know what to write about. Also because I've done too many link posts lately, and I'd like to come up with something, tell you something valuable myself. But I don't really have much to talk about.

Writer's block? A little. Probably also in part because the first of November is drawing close, and I don't have a story for my NaNoWriMo novel yet. Oh, I have three main characters, plus a couple of secondary ones. A fantastic idea for a sex scene came to me, which is a curse rather than a blessing because it makes me even more reluctant not to use these characters and the relationships between them, despite the fact that these characters don't have a destiny yet, nothing compelling I can do with them (except hopefully afore-mentioned sex scene), nothing new, nothing that doesn't feel too gimmicky, too shallow, too short.

I got a small flash of inspiration today. There was a documentary on Belgian TV about fanatics in the US and how they were trying to re-popularise the faith by using popular culture, movies, conventions (sorry, Laneshka, if I seemed a bit absent at times, but my eyes kept being drawn back to the TV and the crazy people on it), and since one of the three characters comes from a religious background, I think I could use it. The how and the why are still fuzzy though.

I promise tomorrow I'll bring you something more exciting and about actual artists, hopefully, not wannabes like myself. But this is what's been on my mind...

H.

1 comment:

Lanja said...

On the writer's block issue, Paul gave me this book with "786 ideas to jump-start your imagination." Some of the suggestions are wacked out, but others have inspired me; if you think it could help, let me know. On the other hand, maybe you should just watch more late-night Belgian TV ;-)